2019 NJAALEOA Association College Scholarship Application
Applicant Rules and Requirements:
Open to NJAALEOA members or children of NJAALEOA members
Must be attending an accredited two or four year institution of higher learning within the following semester of the filing of the application and must be enrolled as a full time student at that institution.
· Member or Parents of Applicant must be Sworn LEO members or Associate Members of NJAALEOA in good standing (dues current) for the past 3 years.
· Applicant must submit their Grades from their last semester.
· Applicant must describe volunteer activities and community work they have done over the last 2 years.
· Applicant must write a response to one of the below essay questions. The response should be a minimum of one single spaced page. There is no right or wrong answer. As you may be a future commander in a local, state or federal agency we merely wish to provoke some thought:
1. How would you improve the image of law enforcement officers in poor neighborhoods and ethnic communities.
2. Your goal in life and the impact you want to have on society.
3. Describe a positive role model in your life, why you chose that person and the impact they have had on you.
· At the discretion of the committee, the same person may be eligible to win the scholarship for consecutive years. It is suggested that the winner become an Ambassador of the NJAALEOA, they try to attend our functions as much as their schedule allows and they agree to promote the association. The student(s) will need to be present to accept the scholarship in New Jersey from the foundation on June 22nd. The deadline to submit the completed application to the foundation is June 2nd 2019.
Click on the PDF below for more information and application.